WV Recruits Quality Assurance Manager Jobs in Kenya 2012
Quality Assurance Manager
Purpose of position
To develop, lead and promote an enhanced culture of learning and discipline in the skills and practices of Quality Assurance throughout World Vision Somalia.
The Quality Assurance Manager will develop and implement an organization-wide strategy in Design Monitoring & Evaluation, including quality program development, monitoring and reporting.
The Quality Assurance Manager will also provide capacity building and coaching to program staff to help them move through the LEAP and donor program/project cycle.
In addition, the Quality Assurance Manager will provide leadership to the Quality Assurance/Design Monitoring and Evaluation team.
- Effective, Innovative, Strategic Leadership in DM&E.
- Provide proactive leadership across WVS programs for development and full coordination of all DM&E events, practices and learning
- Develop, implement and promote a new organization-wide strategy for DM&E
- Lead the DM&E team in coordinating and implementing DM&E plans for all projects
- Provide support and capacity building to DM&E field based staff
- Design, coordinate and implement staff training programs to build knowledge, attitudes, skills and behaviors around the new DM&E standards
- Support WVS leadership in reaching strategic goals to facilitate measurable and sustainable development
- Support WVS goals for fundraising and new proposals/designs
- Contribute to the development of a Learning Organization in DM&E
- Continuously access, research, evaluate and promote in WVS the best available external practices and resources in DM&E
- Participate effectively with DM&E networks, practitioners and learning/research institutions to promote WVS learning
- Work with Programs to implement a DM&E learning system to document, assess, share and replicate: Lessons Learned, Promising Practices, and Best Practices in DM&E
- Lead and Strengthen WVS’s Quality Assurance Culture
- Identify and establish guidelines and standards for Design, Monitoring (including program implementation and reporting) and
- Evaluation in all programming of WVS
- Ensure adherence of grants to WVS strategy and sector strategies
- Ensure adherence to and integration of WVS DM&E standards and practices with grants (e.g., USAID, CIDA, DFID, AusAID, ECHO, WFP, private donors, etc.)
- Ensure adherence to Humanitarian Standards, (HAP, Sphere, etc)
- In collaboration with PDU unit, develop and implement training, documentation, monitoring tools and protocols for all aspects of: Concept Papers and Proposals (including log frames), Community Ownership of DM&E, Data Collection, Baselines, FGDs, Interviews, etc Monitoring systems and evaluations.
- In collaboration with PDU, set standards for measurement of project impact and program quality
- Liaise with other organizations and WV NOs to collaborate in standard setting, materials development, and learning activities
- Champion Staff and Community Capacity Building in DM&E
- Develop, design and lead staff capacity building strategies for targeted assessment, training, follow-up, and impact monitoring of training in all areas of DM&E
- Mentor, support and build the DM&E capacity of field based DME staff
- Design, organize and implement training of key WVS staff in design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of projects.
- DM&E with Sectoral Strategies and Programming Filters
- Support in development and continuous improvement of national strategies in WVS’s key technical sectors (Food Security, Primary Health, HIV/AIDS, Education, Water, MED, ER & DM)
- Support Sector Specialists and Program Managers in incorporating best DM&E tools and practices into projects and activities
- Lead and manage Quality Assurance/DME team
- Provide leadership to DME Team
- Ensure WV performance management is used in staff learning and development
Knowledge, Skills and abilities Required:
- A Master’s Degree related to the science and practice of community development, program design, statistics and evaluation.
- At least three years’ experience managing people and programs in an international NGO context
- Extensive experience and recognized expertise in the full range of evaluation theories, models and tools, and ability to adapt, contextualized and apply appropriately to all project scenarios
- Proven track record as a staff and community trainer and capacity builder in DM&E using a wide variety of training methods, facilitation and capacity building strategies, and organizational development
- Thorough understanding and experience in quantitative and qualitative data collection methods, including comparative random sampling, questionnaire and survey design, data entry and analysis, and the application of these methods to project Design, Monitoring and Evaluation standards in key technical sectors
- High-level expertise in Results-Based management, Logical Framework Analysis, and Result-Based Performance Monitoring and Evaluation
- Ability to link professional, academic and community-based learning models
- Appraisal/Participatory Learning & Action, PEP, Appreciative Inquiry, etc.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, facilitation skills
- Complete compatibility with WV’s Mission, ethos, policies and Core Values
- A strong aptitude for organizational change, participatory and servant leadership, innovation, learning, team building
- Keen sense of justice and gender equity
- Experience in adhering to/working with HAP, Sphere Standards and international humanitarian standards
- Full ability to communicate cross-culturally and be cross-culturally sensitive.
- Full computer and Internet skills including MS Office for word processing, graphic presentation
- SRMT Certified
Date of submission, on or before 07/01/2013 to
The Human Resource Manager
World Vision Somalia
P 0 Box 56527 00200