Family Bank Recruits Head of Risk and Compliance Job Vacancy in Nairobi Kenya 2013
Exciting Career Opportunity at Family Bank
Family Bank, one of Kenya’s leading commercial banks whose vision is to transform people’s lives, is looking for a dynamic, proactive professional with strong credentials and relevant work experience to fill the position of:
Head of Risk and Compliance
Head of Risk and Compliance
Reporting: This is senior position in the bank that functionally reports to the Board Risk Committee and administratively to the Chief Executive Officer/Managing Director.
Purpose: Identifies, assesses, advises, monitors and reports on the bank’s Risks and compliance.
Station: Based at the Head Office with periodic visits to branches and head office departments.
Key Performance Areas (Responsibilities and accountabilities)
- Establish and communicate the Bank’s Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) framework.
- Articulate a clear risk appetite and tolerance levels to define the Bank’s risk profile pattern/structure.
- Determine and implement an appropriate ERM infrastructure by integrating risk management with the Bank’s strategic management process.
- Identify and assess potential non-compliance with internal and external regulations and policies.
- Establish an efficient and effective control environment that monitors risks across the Bank and ensures that the Bank is managed effectively.
- Facilitate Bank wide risk assessments and monitors the capabilities around managing the priority/critical risks across the Bank.
- Implement appropriate risk reporting, and monitoring plans and recommending appropriate mitigation measures.
- Provide guidance and advice to Management and staff on compliance laws, rules and standards to mitigate legal risks.
- Training staff on compliance matters, and act as a contact point within the Bank for compliance.
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Accounting/Finance or a related Business Field.
- Candidates in possession of recognized professional qualifications in banking, accounting/finance and certified compliance & risk accreditations shall have an added advantage.
- Minimum of 10 years experience in a commercial bank environment, 5 of which should have been in a Risk and Compliance role.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct review of policies and procedures and align them with best practices and CBK guidelines, IFRS, the Banking Act, Basel rules and other Statutes.
- Proven competence in compliance, able to multi- task and adequately prioritize workflow including implementation of Know Your Customer and Anti Money Laundering policies and guidelines.
- Ability to work with the Regulators and different players in the industry.
- Demonstrable previous experience reporting to the Board and Audit Committees.
- Understanding of the Basel policies and implications on the business.
Experience and Background
- Experience in the banking industry a must with a progressive management experience in areas of banking operations, treasury management, accounting/finance, auditing, compliance and risk management.
ALL applicants MUST apply online to the email Hr@familybank.co.ke; closing date is 31st December 2012.
Canvassing will automatically disqualify the candidate.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
”We are an equal opportunity employer”