Job Vacancy at Old Mutual in Kenya 2013
Deputy Managing Director
Old Mutual Plc. is a leading multinational long-term savings, protection and investment Group with over 167 years of experience. It has operations in Africa, Europe, the Americas and Asia, supported by over 54,000 employees.
Despite our geographic and cultural diversity, we are bound together by our Group Values of Pushing beyond boundaries, Accountability, Respect and Integrity.
This role is individually accountable for translating and implementing the overall leadership and vision set by the Managing Director and ensuring that the strategy of the business is implemented in alignment to the overall Group and Board strategy through the effective leadership of the EXCO team.
- Takes co- responsibility for strategic direction of the overall Business, including all operational components of Finance, HR, Risk, IT, Programme Office and Compliance.
- Sets direction for the Business whilst taking accountability for the implementation of the Group Business Plan
- Drive profitability of the business (bottom line responsibility) as well as implementation of the Growth plans.
- Manage external relationships and other stakeholders.
- Manage risk and compliance
- Accountable for financial budgeting and planning
- Drive operational effectiveness
- Technical Knowledge
- Business Acumen
- Control And Efficiency
- Accountability and Execution
- Thinking Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree and/or Masters in business related field
- Minimum 10 year’s relevant experience in a Senior Management role, in the financial services industry
- Professional qualification in Accounts, Actuarial, CFA etc. will be an added advantage.