Travel and Tours Company Various Job vacancies in Kenya 2013
- To effectively manage the MD’s diary by prioritizing meetings and appointments to fit in with organizational priorities
- Ensuring regular activities are diarized and busy diary commitments, papers and transport arrangements are managed effectively including producing a daily folder with diary, necessary papers etc. and troubleshooting problems.
- Conduct weekly diary meetings with the MD to discuss upcoming engagements, invitations and other requests.
- Arranging required meetings, coordinating attendees, room bookings and refreshments
- Preparing and circulating agendas and papers in advance of meetings
- Minute taking, distributing minutes of meetings and following up actions identified at meetings
- Ensure the MD is fully briefed on, or prepared for, any engagements the MD is involved in
- Dealing with correspondence, writing letters, emails and daily management of outgoing mail. Prepare correspondence on behalf of the MD, including the drafting of general replies.
- Ensuring prompt and effective communication between company departments and the Managing Director.
- Updating the contacts database with relevant contacts from the Travel industry, marketing activities and client meetings.
- Dealing with referrals, contracts and procurement in the absence of the MD keeping her informed and updated at all times. Researching, requesting and collating information on behalf of the MD.
- Anticipate and identify potential problems in relation to issues arising, particularly when priorities can change at very short notice. Use own initiative to undertake action to minimise disruption to the scheduled workload.
- Maintain the meeting room and boardroom diary, ensuring the meeting room and board rooms are well stocked and prepared for occupancy.
- Devising and maintaining office systems, including data management and filing. Keep and maintain an accurate record of papers and electronic correspondence on behalf of the MD.
- Arranging and booking travel and accommodation, managing visa and documentation and ensuring transfers arranged for the MD (and family) for her travel. Arranging social events as and when required.
- Respond to job application emails as much as possible, dealing with appointments, requiring Bio or photos etc
- Filter general information, queries, phone calls and invitations to the MD by redirecting or taking forward such contact as appropriate.
- To provide a high level of customer services to internal and external contacts, Ensure guests meeting with the MD are well taken care of.
- To attend supervision, training and meetings as and when required. You may be required to perform other ad-hoc tasks for the organisation that may be deemed necessary.
- Providing administrative and accounting support to for financial and procurement requirements e.g. expenses, ordering stationary etc
- Supporting the Transport Department with management of transfer vouchers and assisting with Invoicing.
- Supporting the Sales and Markeing Team in their preparations and submissions for RFPs. Specifically around printing and formatting documents and helping with ad hoc requests
- Educated to degree level (A’ level education considered)
- A minimum of four years experience as a PA/Secretary
- Computer Literate (MS Office, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Experience of diary management/researching and booking of travel and accommodation (essential).
- Experience of successfully working with senior management (essential)
Coordinates sales operations with all other departments/divisions of the Company.
Meets marketing and sales financial objectives by forecasting requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
Determines annual and gross-profit plans by forecasting and developing annual sales quotas for regions; projecting expected sales volume and profit for existing and new products; analyzing trends and results; establishing pricing strategies; recommending selling prices; monitoring costs, competition, supply, and demand.
Seeks out and targets new customers and new sales opportunities, initiates action plan to approach and secure new business for the Company.
Produce and distribute introductory letters accompanied by approved point of sale material and to follow up such letters with the aim of securing an appointment / sales visit.
Ensure all appointments and proposals illustrate the organization in a highly professional yet competitive light with the end goal of securing the prospective business within an agreed pricing range.
Be responsible for updating and amending increasing the customer database and ensure that the organization is included on the tender list of each major potential client within the territory.
Monitor and manage all territory periodic reports.
Evaluate the local markets within the territory on a current and future basis analyzing competitive information and strategies.
III. Customer Relationship Management
Senior responsibility for all Trade Accounts Receivables. Monitors A/R aging on a proactive basis with his personnel, coordinates with Credit Manager and Accounts Receivable Manager/Controller.
Ensure that the CRM is kept up to date and reflects all sales activities undertaken and planned.
IV. Team Management
Maintain a favorable working relationship with all other company employees, to foster and promote a co-operative and harmonious working climate which will be conducive to maximum personnel morale, productivity and efficiency/ effectiveness.
Establishes performance goals for all sales department employees, and monitors performance on a continual basis
Maintain professional internal and external relationships that meet company core values.
Project at all times a favorable image of the organization; to promote its aims and objectives to foster and enhance public recognition and acceptance in each of its areas and endeavors.
To build trust, value others, communicate effectively, drive execution, foster innovation, focus on delivery to customers, collaborate with others, solve problems creatively and demonstrate high integrity.
Demonstrate technical marketing skills and company product knowledge.
Accomplishes marketing and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
Provides information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends.
Protects organization’s value by keeping information confidential.
Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Managing enquiries and having face to face meetings with clients to discuss their requirements
- Managing the Events planner and calendar of events
- Working closely with the Business Development Manager to market the function areas and maximise every possible opportunity
- Planning every aspect of events including budgets, all logistics and communicating costings to clients
- Managing and coordinating logistics of the event onsite and coordinating with suppliers and vendors to ensure seamless logistics.
- Managing the staff on the day to ensure the event runs to perfection
- Ensure every element of the event runs to the clients’ requirements and exceptional service standards are maintained
- Post event evaluation, analysis of the event and communicating with clients to ensure expectations were met
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Be positive, professional and personable in your approach, immediately welcoming clients from initial contact
- Excellent administration skills to effectively manage the associated paperwork
- Managerial or supervisory experience, to run the event and staff on the day of the event
- Excellent ability to meet constant deadlines and work within budget.
- Welcomes visitors by greeting them, in person or on the telephone; answering or referring inquiries.
- Directs visitors by maintaining employee and department directories; giving instructions.
- Maintains telecommunication system / switchboard.
- Maintains safe and clean reception area by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Maintains continuity among work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Please complete the application form and submit your application by including the relevant reference no. in the subject heading to the email: email@example.com.