ICT Trainer Job Vacancy at CAP Youth Empowerment Institute Kenya 2013
CAP Youth Empowerment Institute Kenya, is supported by MasterCard Foundation, was established to provide Basic Employability Skills Training (BEST) for disadvantaged youth in the society with particular focus on women to get equitable, qualitative learning and access to promising labour market oriented opportunities, savings and credit that support their pathways to safe and positive futures.
The key purpose of the organization is to assist 10,000 disadvantaged youth to make informed choices, develop labour-market oriented employability skills and access job placements, savings and enterprise development support.
About the position
Successful candidate will be posted in one of the CAP Centers currently operational as an IT and Communications Trainer.
He/She must be able to train both IT and Communications’ classes to CAP students.
The right candidate must be self-driven and must work with minimal Supervision.
- We are looking for people who have pride, passion and energy, but mostly love TEACHING.
- Take responsibility for the quality of teaching delivered.
- Guidance and skills development to ensure that standards are maintained and improved.
- To act as a personal tutor to CAP students.
- Developing, customizing and Delivering ICT curriculum.
- Assist students get internships and placements.
- Link the youth with potential employers.
- Adequately equipping the students with both IT and communication skills.
- Assist in the design and preparation of materials, resources and information to be used in respect of programmed delivery.
- Carry out monitoring, guidance, support and mentoring of the learners and take action as required.
- Ability to meet deadlines and handle diverse tasks simultaneously using prioritization.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal, leadership, and motivational skills.
- Excellent Presentation skills.
- Dynamism, creativity and flexibility.
- Networking skills a must.
- One (1) year working experience as a trainer
- Must be mature and with the right attitude.
- Must have good training in communication to enable him/her to train students on communication skills.
- Aged 27 to 35 years.
- Must be passionate about working with young people.
- Demonstrated work Experience in training.
- Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent
- Microsoft windows/office, Programming, Graphic Design
- Knowledge in hardware/ software trouble shooting is a requirement.
To express interest in this opportunity, send your CV to email@example.com by 31st December 2012.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Kindly quote your current and expected salary.