Economic Empowerment Officer Job Vacancy at Omega Foundation in Kisumu Kenya 2013
Omega Foundation is seeking to recruit an Economic Empowerment Officer to perform the functions outlined below;
Main Purpose and Scope
Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate, appraise and mentor Staff, CBOs and individuals in pursuit of economic freedom,
- Assist OF, affiliates and individuals in the identification of economic opportunities in various value-chains
- Facilitate entrepreneurship skills transfer for program staff, partners, affiliates and stakeholders through trainings and other necessary means.
- Provide technical support to staff of affiliates to ensure quality and timely implementation of all program activities;
- Initiate linkage to micro-finance and other lending institutions for enterprise sustainability
- Work closely with advocacy department at OF to mount lobby and advocacy initiatives targeting microfinance and other lending institutions for friendlier loaning services to CBOs, Support groups and individual enterprises.
- Preparation of timely monthly, quarterly and end of year reports for the program; develop work plans, project briefs, case stories and other documentation that will result into quality reporting, profiling and lessons sharing for enhancing the program strategy.
- Facilitate the development, preparation and review of entrepreneurship training materials as appropriate (hand outs, exercises, presentations etc)
- Through regular needs assessment targeting OF supported schools and other OVC institutions, identify potential IGA opportunities for funding to ensure program sustainability.
- Commission and coordinate surveys, appraisals, reviews and operation research activities towards learning and showcasing best practice in OF economic empowerment programming,
- Establish business and market linkages for OF, affiliates and individuals producing goods or offering services to increase productivity and incomes
- Provide support to CBO focal persons to ensure effective implementation of project activities, follow up, and mentor project beneficiaries to enhance success of new and ongoing enterprises
- Conduct routine field visits to affiliates and business visits for project beneficiaries to offer technical assistance to support implementation and monitor achievement of project outcomes.
Proficiency in Project cycle management; aptitude for report writing and willingness to work under pressure and within tight deadlines will be added advantage.
Job Requirement (Knowledge / Skills Competencies)
- Bachelors’ degree or Diploma level education in Business Management /Entrepreneurship studies, Social work and or community development.
- At least 2 years of experience in community development work preferably in the field of enterprise development
- Knowledge and experience with NGO operations and community-based programming
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, especially with community-based groups.
- Knowledge and Use of computer (Ms Office)
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and as part of a team is essential
- Must demonstrate sound training expertise and skills in a cross-cultural setting
- Mature and professional composure
- Highest level of honesty and integrity
- Desire to develop personally/professionally, willingness to learn, develop new skills, and take on more responsibilities.
- Openness to working in a flexible work environment with fast evolving systems and Procedures
- High level of initiative in improving the organization’s working environment
- Results oriented to the point that the person is willing to engage hands-on with duties of all variety
Interested candidates should submit application with CV and testimonials to:
The Human Resources Office,
P.O. Box 3246-40100,
Deadline: 9th January, 2013.