Internship Job at Omega Foundation in Kisumu Kenya 2013
Omega Foundation is seeking to recruit an Intern to perform the functions outlined below;
Main Purpose and Scope
Duties and Responsibilities
- Installing, testing and upgrading new software from time to time
- Ensuring the anti-virus software is installed, properly configured, regularly updated and working properly on all PC and server stations
- Maintaining server and network hardware
- Supporting the roll-out of new applications and Setting up hardware.
- Checking new computer equipment and installing as per requirements.
- Maintaining computer peripheral equipment e.g. printers, scanners and projectors
- Maintaining wireless networks, desktop and server computers
- Providing technical support for hardware and software issues in the office
- Setting up and maintaining backup system for file servers and in-office desktop computers
- Participate in data entry and perform data cleaning.
- Monitoring and maintaining computer systems and networks;
- Setting up new users’ accounts and profiles and dealing with password issues;
- Providing support, including procedural documentation and relevant reports;
- Conducting electrical safety checks on computer/IT equipment
- Testing and evaluating new technology;
- Installing and configuring computer systems
Job Requirement (Knowledge / Skills Competencies)
- Experience in Database use and Data management,
- Communication and analytical skills,
- Computer proficiency in word processing, databases, spreadsheets, including advanced skills especially statistical analysis using SPSS, Ms Access, Excel, Epi Info, among others,
- Ability to work with minimum supervision and within strict timelines,
Interested candidates should submit application with CV and testimonials to:
The Human Resources Office,
P.O. Box 3246-40100,
Deadline 9th January, 2013.