Administrative Assistant – Operations Job vacancy in Nairobi Kenya at World Agroforestry Centre 2013
The World Agroforestry Centre is an independent research institution which generates science-based knowledge about the complex role trees play in agricultural landscapes and rural livelihoods.
The Centre’s headquarters are located in Nairobi, Kenya, and research is conducted in 23 countries in Africa, Asia and Latin America.
Main purpose of the job
Work closely with the Head of Operations, the Assistant Operations Manager (Facilities) and other teams in Corporate Services in coordinating the overall administrative functions of the Unit in order to ensure delivery of efficient and cost effective services to a wide range of clients.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Arranging and coordinating the Units’ diary of works including organizing the Units’ and the service providers’ monthly meetings.
- Receiving and coordinating all the Units procurement needs which includes follow up with the procurement Unit and FSU to ensure timely delivery of goods/services.
- Assisting the Head of Operations in developing, implementing and monitoring the Units annual Programme of Work and Budget including chargebacks for all services provided by the Unit.
- In consultation with the other administrators and the audiovisual officer serve as the focal point for all meetings/workshops and symposia taking place at Headquarters. This will include: working closely with FSU to ensure timely chargebacks on air ticket service charges, verification of invoices from the outsourced Travel Agent, client invoicing, management of the Meals and Incidentals function and liaising with the local hotels on accommodation.
- Being the Centre’s focal point for all insurance related matters which include the management of institutional and staff motor insurance schemes and procurement of insurance covers for institutional assets at HQ and the regions, following up on the payments of all approved invoices for insurance debits, and securing credits. And in consultation with the insurance service provider initiate the quarterly service review meetings.
- Work closely with the Procurement Unit, institutions collaborating with ICRAF and others, in the search processes for service providers, specifically those directly related to the Operations Unit.
- Assist the Head of Operations in the management of outsourced service contracts including Service Level Agreements related to:- Mail and Front Office, Travel, Taxi and Staff Group Transport, Pool & Project Vehicles and Catering
- Manage the day to day operations of the ICRAF group transport by working closely with the bus monitors and service providers to ensure compliance to the agreed upon Service Level Agreements.
- As a member of the Health and Safety Committee, work together with the Security Manager, Assistant Operations Manager (Facilities), the Head of Operations and other units in identifying and addressing OH&S issues.
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
- A degree in Business Administration or its equivalent.
- Three (3) years’ experience with an international organization preferably in a facility management setting;
- Excellent inter-personal and communication skills;
- Ability to coordinate, prioritize, and organize workload;
- Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure with minimal supervision;
- Knowledge in event management
- Excellent command of both written and spoken English;
- Excellent computer knowledge of Microsoft Office
We offer a collegial, diverse and gender-sensitive working environment, and we strongly encourage applications from qualified women.
How to apply
- A cover letter illustrating your suitability for the position, and your salary expectations.
- A detailed and up-to-date curriculum vitae.
- The names and addresses of three referees, including telephone numbers and email addresses, and fax details, if available.
The Human Resources Unit,
To learn more about us, visit our website: www.worldagroforestry.org