Head of Credit Job Vacancy at Rafiki Microfinance in Kenya 2013
Head of Credit
Reporting to: Chief Executive Officer To manage the DTM’s credit risk management function efficiently and effectively and ensure adherence to credit policy and procedures.
The main responsibilities of the role revolve around loan credit approvals, monitoring and controlling the DTM’s loans and advances portfolio as well as debt collections and recovery.
Station: Based at the Head Office
- Reports to the Chief Executive Officer
- Liaises with the Head of Finance and Strategy, Head of Operations and Technology, Head of Business Development, Head of Legal Services, Debt Recovery Manager, Branch Managers and Security Manager.
Key Performance Areas
- Credit policy formulation.
- Risk management: credit risk analysis and evaluation.
- Ensure compliance with credit policies and procedures.
- Undertake credit appraisal to vet credit proposals from branches.
- Monitoring and administration of credit performance.
- Ensure that the credit portfolio is measured, monitored and managed to achieve planned performance
- Ensure that loan portfolio management is consistent with the stated risk appetite position, supported by sectoral, single borrower, tenor and other limits.
- Drive credit risk processes and systems to ensure they meet business needs
- Management information system(MIS) including statutory returns to Central Bank of Kenya.(CBK)
- Ensure sufficient credit resources with appropriate training and knowledge is aligned with the capacity needs of the business.
- Branch support and carry out inspection of credit/ lending issues
- Any other duties that may be assigned to you from time to time by management.
Key Performance Indicators
- Effective internal control systems and procedures.
- Compliance with the DTM’s policies and procedures
- Clear and well laid out credit strategies and operational plans.
- A growing loan portfolio as per agreed targets
- An effective follow-up plan on non performing loans to ensure recoveries.
- Timely and accurate (up to date)credit reports to guide management and board of directors in decision making
- Well informed and trained staff on credit procedures and compliance
- Carry out performance appraisals against agreed targets for the team while accurately assessing individual strengths, developmental needs and accurate feedback.
- Accountable for the team’s compliance to regulations and the Microfinance/Banking policies and procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree in, Commerce, Business or Finance related field, and a Masters Degree. Professional qualifications will be an added advantage.
- Computer skills, adept in use of ms word, Excel, Acess, Powerpoint, e-mail, internet and intranet.
- Basel II training, Financial/Credit risk and analysis training and other relevant credit training at an advanced level.
- From ten (10) years banking experience with at least 7 years Retail and Corporate Credit experience with proven result track record.
- Job skills: understand the Microfinance/Banking Act and Central Bank of Kenya (CBK) and Prudential guidelines; high levels of professionalism and professional development.
- Understand and implement credit processes of different credit products.
- An all round Banker.
- Demonstrate a high degree of sensitivity, confidentiality, and integrity when dealing with internal and external customers.
- Management and leadership ability: Have excellent interpersonal, organizing and people management skills.
- Personality: results oriented with excellent social skills and ability to interact across all levels of management. A forward planner with clear focus, mature, reliable, hardworking and able to work without supervision, ardent team player with a keen eye on detail.
- Honest with impeccable integrity, reliable, outgoing and hardworking.
- Strong analytical skills
All applicants must apply online to the email email@example.com closing date is 12th January 2013.
Canvassing will automatically disqualify the candidate.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
“We are an equal opportunity employer”.