Supply Chain Manager Job Opportunity in Kenya 2013
Our client has been providing world class soft drinks to consumers in Kenya and East Africa for over 55 years.
It is one of the pioneers and leading soft drinks brands.
They are looking forward to recruiting an supply chain manager.
- Supply chain planning including production planning, material requirements planning and inventory planning
- New product introduction planning and implementation including transition management
- Inventory stock targeting with input from the sales team to deliver required customer delivery performance
- Develop and implement strategies for supply chain, sourcing/procurement and demand management
- Work to reducing purchasing spend, inventory levels and lead times while increasing customer delivery & supplier performance and warehouse accuracy levels
- Roll out and manage sales & operations planning process ensuring supply chain capacity plans are in place to support demand requirements
- Drive innovation, cost beneficial business process improvements and freight/logistics related cost reductions
- Manage and ensure compliance with import/export regulations
- Ensure real time understanding of demand changes through regular communications with supply points and S&OP and adjust purchase orders and supplier schedules
- Lead supplier selection and qualification, maintain relationships and monitor performance including quality, pricing and capacity
- Monitor performance and make sure targets are met, and look at ways to improve the supply network.
- Managing clerical, administrative and warehouse distribution staff, and deal with staff recruitment and training.
- Work closely with purchasing officers, warehouse staff and transport clerks to make sure goods and materials arrive as scheduled, are in good order, stored correctly and dispatched to customers on time.
- Selecting the suppliers that will deliver raw materials to use in production.
- Monitors the productivity of workers and machines to ensure that the organization meets production schedules. This includes testing and packaging of products.
- Oversees the planning of production work schedules and the steps necessary to deliver the final product to customers.
- Uses quality metrics in the production process to ensure that raw materials meet customer specifications.
- Oversees inventory control procedures in an organization to ensure that correct quantities are recorded in the inventory database.
- Develop schedules for suppliers to deliver raw materials on a regular basis.
Experience: Minimum 5 years’ experience in a supply chain or procurement role at management level
Skills and Certification
- Degree in related field
- Good planning skills
- The ability to motivate and lead a team
- Good spoken and written communication skills
- Good problem-solving and numeracy skills
- Attention to detail
- Confidence in using computer packages, such as spreadsheets and databases
- The ability to work under pressure to deadlines
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work in fast‐paced environment and prioritize multiple projects
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively
To apply for this position send you CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by 11th of January 2013.
Indicate ‘Supply Chain Manager’ on the subject line.
Do NOT attach certificates.
Failure to follow rules will lead to instant disqualification.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
We thank you for your applications.