Construction Company Plant and Equipment Engineer / Manager Job Vacancy in Kenya Jan 2013
A well established Construction Company with Projects in various parts of the country wishes to recruit a qualified engineer for the position of Plant and Equipment Engineer / Manager.
Main purpose of the job
Responsible for making sure that all equipments and vehicles are always in good order and condition providing the company with steady flow of work through efficiently maintained equipment and motor vehicles
Field of Responsibility
- Overall supervision of the Plant and equipment department to ensure efficient and effective delivery;
- Implement overall preventive and predictive maintenance programs on a regular basis;
- Examine the condition of existing machinery and equipments on a regular basis and deciding maintenance needs as required;
- Spotting and solving problems in equipment and vehicles;
- Plan and provide a list of tasks and schedules for the department on a regular basis;
- Planning and scheduling maintenance and servicing of all machinery and vehicles;
- Overseeing the work of maintenance technicians/mechanics ensuring that maintenance works is done with quality in mind;
- Supervise Plant and equipment engineer, drivers at HO and mechanics on Site to ensure performance and timely resolution of issues;
- Preparing maintenance budgets;
- Ensure vendor maintenance and repair manuals are kept current and filed properly;
- Ensuring that safety standards are maintained in the plant, equipment and vehicle operations at all times;
- Coordinating of the disposal of obsolete equipment;
- Implementation and enforcement of company policies related to Asset /equipment management;
- Design and establish an efficient system to monitor and control fuel consumption for all company vehicles and equipments;
- Allocating tasks to mechanics as per schedule;
- Administer the stock control and inventory management function;
- Keep organized records of all maintenance works
- Work in collaboration with the Technical team and Site Agents to make sure that equipment operates at peak conditions every time.
- Review suppliers of plant and equipment and maintain a database of suppliers.
- Maintain a database on all equipments and vehicles
- Regular tracking of movement of all equipments
- Provide timely legal documentation as required.
- To advice the management on transport and equipment issues
- Any other duties as may be assigned.
- Minimum – Diploma in plant engineering or related field
- At least 5 years experience in fleet and equipment management, and hands on experience in Logistics and procurement.
- Good interpersonal skills, excellent negotiation, ability to prioritize and work under pressure.
- Excellent planning and organisation skills.
Send your application letter and a detailed CV INDICATING current and expected salary to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line “Plant and Equipment Engineer/Manager by 25th January 2013.
Applications without the minimum requirements will not be considered and only shortlisted candidates with be communicated to.