MEDAIR Senior Finance Officer Job Vacancy in South Sudan 2013
MEDAIR is a Christian humanitarian international NGO founded in 1988, with its HQ in Switzerland. MEDAIR’s mission is to respond to human suffering in emergency and disaster situations by implementing multi-sectoral relief and rehabilitation projects, in a compassionate and serving attitude inspired by its Christian ethos.
The organization’s consistent focus ensures maximum efficiency and accountability, with ISO 9001:2000 certification worldwide. Medair’s unswerving commitment continues to bring hope to the world’s most vulnerable
Based in South Sudan, Medair seeks to fill the position of Senior Finance Officer
Finance & Accounting
- Prepare a monthly Finance Pack, detailing expenditure in field offices and project sites for timely submission to budget holders for review
- Manage day to day accounting functions such as payments and cash transfers including regular cash verification and reconciliation, defining and managing financial needs and resources to ensure sufficient cash-flow and accountability of the project during its whole life span
- Ensure all financial internal controls are in place in adherence to the Medair Financial Accounting Procedures (FAP) and other relevant Medair guidelines
- Consolidate and prepare monthly cash flow needs forecast for the Juba base and the Juba based Programmes
- Provide analysis on monthly BvA’s for the Juba based programmes and the Juba base to Programme Managers and budget holders
- Assist in preparation of annual budgets for both Juba base and Juba based programmes in liaison with Programme Managers and Juba base budget holder
- Assist during donor audits, internal and external project audits
- To facilitate and transfer money in a safe manner to other Medair field locations
Administration & Communication
- Meet the financially related administrative requirements placed by Medair, donors, the local government suppliers/contractors, or other actors, in order to allow Medair’s programme to function smoothly, effectively and with integrity
- Review payment packs related to purchases for the purpose of checking the completeness and accuracy of the supporting documentation
- Review the monthly payroll for Sudanese staff working on the programme, ensuring Medair complies with the employee tax deductions, that all relevant statutory deductions are made from employees’ salaries and paid out to the appropriate authorities in a timely manner
- Preparation and consolidation of Labour Reports for International staff and collection of Labour Report’s for National staff.
- Train staff in sound finance procedures where necessary or when requested
- Develop and maintain a transparent, honest and supportive communication structure with staff, management and the field sites so as to ensure they are kept informed of relevant financial activities
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Business Administration, Accounting option with CPA part 2 or ACCA equivalent
- At least 5 years experience in financial administration or accounting role, minimum 2 years with an INGO.
- Fluency in both written and spoken English, Arabic an added advantage
- Proficiency in Microsoft office with exceptional skills in Excel. Other desirable skills include Project/fund accounting software (Serenic/Navigator)
- Excellent Organizational, Interpersonal and Communication skills.
- Knowledge of South Sudan tax laws an advantage
Applications including a detailed CV with names and full contact details of three referees and a cover letter describing how you consider yourself suitable against the main responsibilities should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application deadline: 20th January 2013
Only short listed candidates will be contacted