Oxfam GB Jobs in Nairobi Kenya 2013
Oxfam is one of the world’s leading development and humanitarian agencies assisting people affected by natural disasters and conflict throughout the world.
Oxfam believes in the principle that ensuring design and implementation of all programming with poor women’s rights at the heart is the key to bring about lasting change in lives of the poor, especially women.
- Work closely with the Regional Aim 5 lead Develop a strategy & process for design and implementation of programmes though the perspective of poor women’s rights
- Work closely development, humanitarian and advocacy programmes to incorporate poor women’s rights in the design
- Help develop gender sensitive outcomes and indicators in the M&E systems for programmes
- Accompany selected programmes closely and provide them support to enhance overall programme quality in accordance with the regional strategy on the same.
- Provide support to relevant regional technical / thematic advisers to ensure that they are able to provide effective support around poor women’s rights in their areas of work
- Work closely with Oxfam GB corporate leads on facilitating implementation of corporate initiatives around poor women’s rights
- Inform & facilitate corporate initiatives around poor women’s rights
- Support country gender and poor women’s rights staff in technical aspects of their work. Work will mostly be with non-gender specialists.
- Engage on gender in humanitarian response.
- Facilitate a network of practice across programmes on poor women’s rights
- Understanding of a broad range of issues and concepts around poor women’s rights in the context of programming in the Horn East and Central Africa region
- Strong technical competence in gender issues, women’s rights frameworks, learning
- Demonstrable understanding and minimum 10 years of direct experience of long-term development, humanitarian response and campaigns and advocacy work
- Ability to demonstrate flexibility and understanding of practical issues faced by programme managers in implementing programmes in HECA
- Strong influencing skills especially in dealing with country management teams and advisers / managers in Oxfam House.
- Demonstrated tenacity
- Demonstrated ability to contribute to multi-disciplinary teams and to work with and influence people from diverse backgrounds
- Good critical grasp of latest sector thinking, standards and good practice
- Demonstrable experience of developing and delivering successful capacity building strategies and coaching teams
- Ability to work both on humanitarian response and long term development simultaneously
- Strong ability to work with non-gender focussed colleagues strategically and pragmatically
- Strong conceptual, analytical and critical thinking
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time from the regional base
- Excellent grasp of English in written and oral communication
This is a highly challenging opportunity for a dedicated and highly motivated professional, with a strong commitment to Oxfam’s values and beliefs.
The closing date is: 25th January 2013.
We are committed to ensuring diversity and gender equality within our organization.