Women’s Rights Regional Change Lead Job Vacancy at Oxfam in Nairobi Kenya 2013
Regional Change Lead – Women’s Rights
Contract Type: Fixed term – 2 years
Level: C1 – Global
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Starting salary: GBP 25,094 net per annum plus a competitive benefits package
Oxfam is one of the world’s leading development and humanitarian agencies assisting people affected by natural disasters and conflict throughout the world.
With over 5,000 staff and dedicated volunteers in more than 90 countries, Oxfam is able to achieve the greatest impact to end poverty and suffering through combining emergency response work, long-term programmes for poverty alleviation and campaigning for lasting change.
The Horn, East, and Central Africa (HECA) Region is the largest region within Oxfam, covering 8 countries, including Ethiopia, Tanzania, Kenya, Somalia, Democratic Republic of Congo, South Sudan, Rwanda and Uganda.
The Regional Centre is based in Nairobi and is mandated to provide leadership and support to the Oxfam country programmes in delivering their strategies within the context of programme quality, and efficiency.
Oxfam believes in the principle that ensuring design and implementation of all programming with poor women’s rights at the heart is the key to bring about lasting change in lives of the poor, especially women.
As a member of the Regional Programme Support Team, the Regional Change Lead is expected to work closely with the Regional Programme Quality Lead and programmes to ensure the embedding of poor women’s rights in the heart of all programming.
- Work closely with the Regional Aim 5 lead Develop a strategy & process for design and implementation of programmes though the perspective of poor women’s rights
- Work closely in development, humanitarian and advocacy programmes to incorporate poor women’s rights in the design
- Help develop gender sensitive outcomes and indicators in the M&E systems for programmes
- Accompany selected programmes closely and provide them support to enhance overall programme quality in accordance with the regional strategy on the same.
- Provide support to relevant regional technical / thematic advisers to ensure that they are able to provide effective support around poor women’s rights in their areas of work
- Work with Oxfam GB corporate leads on facilitating implementation of corporate initiatives around poor women’s rights
- Support country gender and poor women’s rights staff in technical aspects of their work. Work will mostly be with non-gender specialists.
- Understanding of a broad range of issues and concepts around poor women’s rights in the context of programming in the Horn East and Central Africa region
- Strong technical competence in gender issues, women’s rights frameworks, learning
- Demonstrable understanding and minimum 10 years of direct experience of long-term development, humanitarian response and campaigns and advocacy work
- Ability to demonstrate flexibility and understanding of practical issues faced by programme managers in implementing programmes in HECA
- Strong influencing skills especially in dealing with country management teams and advisers / managers in Oxfam House.
- Demonstrated tenacity
- Demonstrated ability to contribute to multi-disciplinary teams and to work with and influence people from diverse backgrounds
This is a highly challenging opportunity for a dedicated and highly motivated professional, with a strong commitment to Oxfam’s values and beliefs.
If you believe you are the candidate we are looking for, please submit your application and CV including a day time contact by applying online at http://www.oxfam.org.uk/what-we-do/about-us/working-at-oxfam using INT5952
The closing date is: 25th January 2013.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
We are committed to ensuring diversity and gender equality within our organization.