District Community Development Officer Job Vacancy at NGO in Uganda January 2013
Reports to: Chief Administrative Officer
Senior Community Development Officer
(Gender, Culture and Community Development)
Senior Community Development Officer (Disability & Elderly)
Senior Labour Officer (Labour Employment & Industrial relations)
Senior Probation and Welfare Officer (Probation, Youth and Children)
Job Purpose: To coordinate all community-based services in the District and community participation in development programmes and projects.
• Coordinating the effective delivery of community-based services in the District;
• Monitoring community centers, vocational training institutions, children remand homes and other community establishments;
• Monitoring and evaluating the effective implementation of National and local laws and policies on gender, labour and social development;
• Liaising with NGOs, Community-Based Organizations and other stakeholders on matters regarding community development;
• Monitoring and evaluating community awareness and involvement in socio-economic development initiatives;
• Coordinating the collection, analysis and dissemination of labour information;
Person Specifications Qualifications
An Honors Bachelor Degree in Social Sciences, Development Studies, Rural Development studies or Social Work and Social Administration from a recognized University/ Institution and post Graduate Diploma in a related field.
Should have a working experience of not less than 9 years 3 of which should have been served at a the level of Principal Community Development Officer in government or equivalent level of experience from a reputable organization.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified Ugandans to fill the following vacant posts in Kole District Local Government. Interested persons should obtain application forms PSC Form 3 (Revised 2008) in triplicate from the Secretaries of District Service Commissions Department. Handwritten applications are also accepted. Only photocopies of academic qualifications should be certified. CVs and any other relevant documents, as well as recent passport size photographs should be attached to each form. Applications should be addressed to the below address.
District Service Commission,
Job Ref: KDLG/DSC/07/2013
P.O. Box 419, Lira.