Land O’Lakes Human Resources Representative – International Development Job Opportunity in Nairobi Kenya 2013
Land O’Lakes, Inc. is a farmer-owned food and agricultural cooperative with annual sales of approximately $12 billion.
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Corporate Business Unit: Corporate encompasses the core operational support for all Land O’Lakes businesses.
Position Purpose: This position is located in Nairobi and provides human resources generalist support for the Land O’Lakes International Development organization.
Required (Basic) Experience & Education:
- BS/BA in Human Resources Management with a minimum of 5 years H.R. Generalist experience, including international HR experience
- Prior experience with US government rules & regulations
- Prior HR experience in the NGO sector in a developing country context
- Demonstrated experience coaching managers and navigating employee relations situations
- Demonstrated ability to work with business leaders to achieve business results; excellent business acumen.
- Demonstrated experience in implementing organization change
- Must have strong collaboration, facilitation, and leadership skills as well as demonstrated ability to exercise judgment and discretion in establishing and maintaining good working relationships with all levels of employees.
- Must have solid communication skills (written, verbal), be an active listener, customer-focused, and demonstrate unquestionable ethics and values.
- Must be able to research information and analyze data to arrive at valid conclusions, present facts and ideas clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing, make recommendations effectively, and execute plans of action.
- Must have excellent organizational skills with an emphasis on attention to detail and accurate record keeping.
- Must be proficient in MS office suite and experienced with HRMS systems and able to adapt to / learn various technology systems.
- HR Professional Knowledge & Skills
- Results oriented
- Process Improvement & Technology
- Managing Conflict
- Planning & Organizing
- Communication – especially Written
- MAIR or MBA in HR
- GPHR certification
- Language skills, such as French or African languages
Land O’Lakes, Inc. offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, including medical and dental insurance, retirement savings account, tuition reimbursement, PTO, paid holidays, and employee development opportunities.
Apply online at: http://bit.ly/13XFwdc