AMREF Project Manager (Tunaweza Project) Job Vacancy in Kisumu Kenya 2013
Ref Number: KCO/TP/001/2013
AMREF is looking for an individual who is organized, highly motivated and results-oriented to join a dynamic team and help bring lasting health change in Africa, to fill the following position in the TUNAWEZA Project funded by Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
The position is based in Kisumu and reports to the HIV/AIDS, TB and Malaria Programme Manager.
To provide technical leadership in the implementation of the project to ensure it meets its overall objectives.
- Promotion of HIV testing and counselling (HTC) in clinical and community settings. These include PITC, Home Based HTC, HBCT, Mobile and other outreach HTC, and workplace based HTC.
- Provide technical assistance and guidance, monitor and evaluate the performance of implementing partners,
- Carry out training sessions to provide updates on the latest strategies in HTC and implementation of national quality assurance standards.
- Preparation of monthly, quarterly, annual and ad hoc reports relating to the project as per donor requirements as well as for internal purposes.
- Participate in operations research, documentation and share results for advocacy in order to influence relevant policies and practices.
- Work with program staff and stakeholders to document and disseminate best practices and lessons learnt.
- Develop and promote partnerships and networking with relevant stakeholders including but not limited to local authorities, relevant Government of Kenya Ministries and NGOs.
- Ensure project integration and growth by participating in country office and program meetings.
- Participate in the development of concepts and proposals for fundraising.
The ideal candidate should have a minimum of a Masters Degree in Public Health or relevant Social Sciences discipline with over five (5) years relevant work experience of which at least three (3) years in HIV/AIDS services.
This is a challenging opportunity for a dedicated and highly motivated professional.
The closing date for submitting applications is Friday, 08th February 2012.
AMREF is an equal opportunity employer and has a non-smoking environment policy.
AMREF does not request for money in its recruitment process.