Aga Khan Hospital Medical Oncologist Job Vacancy in Tanzania 2013
Aga Khan Hospital, Dar es Salaam is undertaking a project to develop its next phase (Phase 2) that will see the development of a tertiary facility including a comprehensive cardiology programme, oncology services, neurosciences, orthopaedics & trauma, diagnostic imaging, critical care, obstetrics and paediatrics. Construction is expected to begin in 2014.
Many of the clinical programs included in Phase 2 are being developed as regional programs i.e. one program operating on multiple sites and hence there will be close alignment between The Aga Khan Hospital, Dar es Salaam and the Aga Khan University Hospital. One of the first regional programmes to be established will be the Oncology Programme.
The Medical Oncologist will work with the Phase 2 project team to establish the oncology programme at AKH-Dar with the aim to ensure the delivery of quality service to oncology patients. S/he will participate in the development of evidence based protocols for oncology care as part of the Regional Oncology Steering Committee and in the implementation of a ‘patient centered’, Comprehensive Regional Cancer Programme. S/he should be prepared to take on the role of coordinating this programme and supporting patient through care at both sites as required. The medical oncologist will be a member of the faculty team of the Aga Khan University Medical College, East Africa.
- Overall responsibility of leading, planning and organizing the formation of an efficient and effective oncology service through close collaboration and coordination with relevant stakeholders (including other AKDN hospitals, especially in East Africa) to strengthen growth opportunities.
- Execute plans, both short and long term to ensure the growth and expansion of the Programme.
- Develop and be a role model for faculty and staff of the Programme.
- As part of the Regional Oncology Steering Committee, develop policies, procedures, rules and regulations of the Programme.
- Support education programmes and ensure mechanisms for teaching are implemented.
- Organize and implement a quality assurance programme for the Programme.
The ideal candidate will have the following profile:
- Masters in Medicine, with qualification such as M.D, M.S, M.Med, or equivalent in relevant field of specialization/super-specialization with active clinical role and ongoing academic engagement within the hospital set-up.
- At least 5-6 years of clinical and academic experience post successful completion of the masters/residency program (including medical/board clearance through relevant exam).
- Teaching experience in a recognized Medical College or Teaching hospital is required.
Salary and package to attract the best candidate