DSW Finance and Administration Officer Job Vacancy in Nairobi Kenya 2013
DSW seeks to recruit a Finance and Administration Officer
Place of duty: Nairobi
The Finance & Administration Officer (F&A officer) is responsible for supporting the Faith to Action (F2A) network secretariat in successfully implementing the F2A project according to rules and procedures laid down by DSW’s finance and administration department.
- Responsible for financial administration, financial reporting, compliance review and communication about reported financial results, bookkeeping (cash and bank books), payments and all financial documentation
- Preparation of regular financial reports for final review of IPM F2A and IFM/ITM Finance including alignment with narrative reporting, variance analysis and cash flow projections.
- Provide structured technical assistance and training to F2A project partners and network members on project financial management
- Review and monitor partners financial reporting and compliance with DSW and/ or donors regulations
- Provide technical support to resource mobilisation efforts through budget review during proposal writing for the network and its members.
- Ensure timely payments to creditors and suppliers considering the liquidity planning of the project
- Initiate procurement of goods or services complying with DSW’s procedures and donor’s requirements as well as timely payments to creditors and suppliers
- Assist in monitoring and ensuring compliance regarding donor requirements.
- Organize and coordinate logistics for project trainings, meetings and conferences
- Any other duties as assigned by the supervisor
- University degree (BCOM, BBA, BBM (MSc, MBA preferred), ACCA or CPA mandatory)
- Excellent English language skills (oral and written) required, additional language skills advantageous (French, Arabic and Swahili preferred)
- Interest in inter-religious work, sensitivity to different faiths
- Excellent computer skills with experienced handling of MS Excel and accounting software SUN systems required
- At least 5 years of relevant working experience
- Ability to work effectively in teams, build positive working relationships and foster open communications.
- Ability to work in international and multicultural settings, including international travel.