DSW Resource Mobilisation Officer Job Vacancy in Kenya March 2013
DSW seeks to recruit a Resource Mobilisation Officer
Place of duty: Nairobi
The Resource Mobilisation Officer supports the Faith to Action(F2A) network in successfully implementing the F2A project in accordance with DSW’s resource mobilisation strategy.
She/he is responsible for developing and implementing an ambitious resource mobilization strategy for the network and supporting DSW’s resource mobilisation efforts with faith organisations.
The Resource Mobilisation Officer leads the F2A Network’s resource mobilisation processes at national, regional and/or international level.
General areas of responsibility:
- Coordinate proposal development (identification of proposal team members, timeline planning, analysis of application requirements, etc.) and ensure effective and efficient flow of information among internal and external stakeholders
- Writes, reviews and edits proposals in close cooperation with F2A Network members and partner organisations, including preparing proposal budgets
- Supports the development of resource mobilisation tools and systems for the network
- Develop a resource mobilisation strategy for the F2A Network
- Provides technical assistance and training in resource mobilization to F2A Network members
- Perform analysis of application requirements and guide proposal team through guidelines and donor requirements to make sound bid decisions
- Help facilitate evolution of proposal strategy, such as competitive analysis, developing competitive themes and technical approach, and selecting project partners.
- Oversee or support production of final technical proposals and budgets.
- Identify funding opportunities and disseminate funding opportunity alerts to network members
- Research, monitor, analyse and report on EU policies and funds affecting global reproductive health, HIV/AIDS, population and poverty reduction.
- Supports the preparing regular reports to donors according to F2A and DSW guidelines and procedures
- Any other duties as assigned by the supervisor
- University degree (MA or MSc preferred)
- Excellent English language skills (oral and written) required, additional language skills advantageous (French, Arabic and Swahili preferred)
- Familiarity with the funding processes of major donors
- Experience in training/facilitation
- Experience in budget preparation
- Interest in inter-religious work, sensitivity to different faiths
- Knowledge of data-management software and computer skills
- At least 3 years of relevant working experience
- Ability to work effectively in teams, build positive working relationships and foster open communications.
- Ability to work in international and multicultural settings, including international travel.
DSW is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best qualified personnel regardless of race, colour, religion, gender, marital status, age, national origin, physical or mental disability or sexual orientation.
If you are interested, please send your application (CV and motivation letter) with the reference “resource mobilisation officer” to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for application: 28th of February 2013
Ideal start date: 2nd of April 2013
Please note that only short listed candidates will be contacted