Property Management Company Finance Manager Job Vacancy in Kenya March 2013
Our client is a full service property management company focusing in the luxury marketplace, which includes leasing, rentals, sales and maintenance, aspects of real estate investment and management, as well as provide innovative and cost effective development solutions.
Job Title: Finance Manager
Working hours: as per duty roster, generally from Monday to Saturday
Scope and General Purpose: Plans, organizes, directs, and controls the accounting functions of the Company
Responsible to: He reports to CEO/Directors
- Overseeing accounting functions includes ensuring timely and accurate reporting of financial information, handling yearly audits, short- and long-term financial forecasting, and working as part of the Company executive management team.
- Along with overall financial responsibility, manages accounting and financial staff, which includes hiring, training and assigning tasks to employees.
- In charge of setting and ensuring compliancy at all time with Company SOP and policies.
- Responsible of verifying stock keeper monthly reports;
- Ensuring banking is done timely and efficiently.
- Handling of company Petty cash
- Liaising with both Clients and Suppliers in regards to debt collection and payments
- Double check vendors invoices against delivery note and physical deliveries
- Ensure supplies are received as per order and agreed upon price list for the year;
- Follow up on licenses, health certificates and ensuring timely renewal;
- Keep track of all company expenses against the approved budget for the year and timely raise any matter that may lead to going over budget.
- Keeping track of every financial transaction that occurs in the establishment to ensure that all incoming and outgoing money is recorded and handled accurately. Discrepancies need to be investigated, corrected and reported as to why they happened. For example, mistakes need to be dealt with and solutions for future situations developed. Fraudulent activity needs to be thoroughly interpreted and may involve liaison with legal authorities. This kind of responsibility is a key component to the operations of the hotel and can cause a severe business threat if not handled properly.
- Handling wage and salary calculations, as well as employee payouts and payments.
- Producing month-end accounts, along with comparisons to help forecast business earnings. Management decisions are often made based upon projections, so accurate accounting of required financial information is essential. Profit and loss accounting, as well as balance sheets, is also necessary, so that senior management may assist in preparing budgets and business planning. The bank statements will also need to be reconciled, along with certain other reports as may be deemed necessary from time to time. Bank and general ledger reconciliations may also be instrumental in preparing certain financial statements.
- Board Meeting fall quarterly and accounts for the quarter are required;
- Management Accounts are due on or before the 14th of the following month;
- Cash Flow, debtors and creditors list, bank statements, Collections Statements , accumulated revenues are due on a weekly bases every Friday before 4 pm.
CPA-Finalist and atleast 10 Years working experience.
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org Indicating your salary expectations.