mothers2mothers National M & E System Consultant Job Vacancy in Kenya 2013
mothers2mothers is an international NGO headquartered in Cape Town, South Africa, dedicated to preventing mother-to-child transmission of HIV and providing education and support to pregnant women and mothers living with HIV.
Our organization empowers HIV-positive pregnant women, enabling them to fight stigma in their communities and to live positive and productive lives. mothers2mothers currently operates in seven African countries.
For more information please visit: www.m2m.org
National M & E System Consultant
(Kenya Mentor Mother Program)
Purpose: To finalize the design and integration of the M&E component of the Kenya Mentor Mother Program (KMMP) into national systems.
- The KMMP is a national peer education and psychosocial support program for PMTCT and MNCH, and a sub-component of the national eMTCT strategy
- The consultant will be engaged based on deliverables over an estimated 6 month period effective immediately. S/he will be accountable to m2m’s Country Representative, working closely with key colleagues at the MOH, and with m2m’s M&E staff in Kenya and HQ (South Africa). The work requires someone who is based in Nairobi.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
Working together with the MOH and m2m:
1) Lead the finalization of the national M&E system for the Kenya Mentor Mother Program (KMMP), including:
- Finalize site level forms for output and outcome data collection and reporting
- Facilitate the completion of the mobile phone application for data reporting at m2m’s 30 model sites (develop scope of work for external provider, oversee external provider and pilot phase, oversee final revisions)
- Support the MOH to develop a mobile phone application for KMMP output and outcome reporting
- Finalize the national KMMP reporting form
- Integrate the national reporting form and mobile application into existing national systems (DHIS & KePMS)
2) Lead the development of a KMMP M&E reference guide
3) Lead the development of training materials for the M&E workshop to roll the finalized M&E system to KMMP implementing partners
- Project workplan with key milestones and timeline
- Finalized site level monitoring tools (outputs and outcomes)
- Finalized mobile phone application (oversight of development, pilot and revisions)
- KMMP reporting pathway successfully integrated into DHIS and KePMS
- KMMP M&E reference guide
- M&E workshop training materials
- Recommendations on staffing to facilitate roll-out and implementation
Qualifications and Experience Required:
- Master’s degree in epidemiology, statistics, demography, or a related field
- Minimum of 7 years of M&E working experience in the NGO sector and/or national government in the field of public health, including at least 3 years in PMTCT/HIV/SRH/MNCH
- Experience working in an M&E technical advisory role at the national level in Kenya
Competencies and Knowledge Required:
- In-depth knowledge of HIV / health M&E systems in Kenya, including the DHIS (GOK), NASCOP reporting tools, and KePMS (USG)
- Ability to analyze complex sets of information at multiple levels and develop new approaches related to M&E in an integrated and participatory way
- Excellent project management skills, including the ability to work across multiple sets of stakeholders and manage complex tasks to completion, ensuring that deliverables are aligned to organizational expectations
- Fluency in English required; fluency in Kiswahili an advantage
Interested applicants should submit their Curriculum Vitae to mothers2mothers, via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by Sunday March 17, 2013.
mothers2mothers follows a careful review process for all applications.
We are unable to respond personally to each application.
Only those shortlisted will be contacted.