Swissport Airport Operations Manager Job Vacancy in Kenya 2013
This job is only open to Kenyan Citizens
Swissport is an international organisation that provides ground handling services for around 118 million passengers and 3.5 million tonnes of cargo a year on behalf of some 650 client-companies in the aviation sector.
Swissport is active at 192 airports in 38 countries on 5 continents. Swissport Kenya is recruiting for the position of Manager, Airport Operations based at Jomo Kenyatta International Airport.
We are seeking a senior professional with a proven track record in managing a large scale operation, teams and resources in an optimal manner. The successful applicant will be driven, a people manager, result oriented with a “can do” attitude”.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure that operational excellence is delivered in an efficient and cost effective manner without compromising on quality and service delivery.
- Provide direction, guidance, coaching and leadership to direct reports. Ensure general staff wellbeing and maintain industrial relations.
- Manage the financial and commercial aspects of the ground handling business including monitoring budgets and contributing to the delivery of the agreed financial targets for the year.
- Translate the overall organisational strategic objectives into clear and measurable collective and personal goals.
- Build, manage and sustain customer and industry relations towards the mutual benefit of all parties.
- Establish, implement and maintain operational standards and procedures, ensuring the efficiency and safety of the operational environment.
- Define targets and key performance indicators for each operational department and ensure they are met.
- Ensure proper reporting of operational results to the Chief Executive Officer and Swissport International.
- Maintain corporate governance and actively contribute to risk management.
Application letter and CV should be forwarded via email: NBO.Recruitment@swissport.com to:
The Human Resource Manager
Swissport Kenya/Airside Limited
P.O. Box 19177, 00501
Be part of the team that brings Swiss time to the African soil!
Closing Date: March 29, 2013